Fettuccine With Artichoke Hearts And Mushrooms
- 12 small fresh artichoke hearts outer leaves removed
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms* sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 green onions cut 2" slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh or dried fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
* Alternate Mushrooms: Chanterelle, Common Store Mushroom, Puffballs
In a medium saucepan, simmer the artichokes in water to cover and the vinegar for 5 to 8 minutes or until they can be pierced with a fork. Drain.
In a sauté pan or skillet, sauté the garlic and mushrooms in the olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the green onions and cook until translucent. Add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add the artichokes. Set aside and keep warm.
Cook the fettuccine in a large amount of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain. Put the fettuccine back into the pot, add the butter, and toss the pasta to coat it. Add the cream and quickly toss. Add the artichokes, mushrooms, and parsley and toss again.
Serve this dish in a large platter accompanied with a bowl of Parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields 5 or 6 main course servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Three Cheese Hot Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (134 Votes)
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (110 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Pancetta 4.4/5 (97 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (0 Votes)