Steak And Ale's Spicy Chicken Pasta
- CAJUN CREAM SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- FOR THE PASTA:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts - (6 oz ea)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups Cajun Cream Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds linguini cooked
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 pieces garlic toast for serving
To prepare the sauce, melt butter over medium heat. Add all-purpose flour, stirring until blended. Continue stirring for 3 minutes. Remove pan from the heat. Add milk and cream and whisk until well-blended.
Return pan to medium heat. Heat mixture, stirring frequently until temperature reaches 200 degrees. The mixture will just begin to bubble up the sides of the pot.
When the mixture reaches 200 degrees, remove from the heat and add the 6 tablespoons of Parmesan and 3 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning.
Sprinkle chicken breasts with the Cajun seasoning. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
Pour 4 cups of Cajun Cream Sauce into a large saute pan. Add linguini and toss with tongs until pasta is evenly coated with the sauce. Cook over medium heat for about 30 seconds.
Divide pasta among 4 large serving plates or bowls, mounding up pasta. Slice cooked chicken on the bias into 1/4-inch strips and place on top of pasta. Sprinkle tomatoes, green onions and Parmesan over each portion. Add garlic toast and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Red Lobster's Garlic Cheese Sticks 2.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with King Crab... 3.5/5 (74 Votes)
- World Cafe's Spicy Chicken Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe