Chicken Piccata (CPK Copy Cat)
You have to try this copy cat Chicken Piccata just like they serve at the California Pizza Kitchen, yum!
Makes 4 dinner or 8 lunch servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup light-tasting olive oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper or to taste
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup ( 1/2 stick) butter
- 5 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped, plus extra sprigs for garnish
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds spaghettini
- 1 large lemon, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Adapted from cpkathome.blogspot.com
Start the sauce. Place a heavy nonstick pan over medium heat; add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. When hot, add shallots and garlic, stirring to prevent scorching; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in wine; simmer about 5 minutes. Stir in stock, lemon juice and 2 to 3 teaspoons salt to taste, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour sauce through a strainer and discard solids. Return liquid to the pot, set aside and keep warm.
Prepare chicken. Place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap; pound to about 1/2 inch. In a shallow plate, stir together flour, seasoned salt, basil and white pepper. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, shaking off excess. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat half of the remaining 1/3 cup oil. Add half the chicken and cook until golden brown on one side, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn and cook on the second side until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Remove to a platter and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
Whisk the cream into the sauce. Stir into the skillet, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Stir in black pepper, butter, capers and chopped parsley; cook and stir over medium heat for a minute or two, just until heated through. Taste; add salt if necessary. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente.
Drain pasta and return to pot. Stir sauce and lemon slices into pasta; toss well to coat. To serve, arrange chicken on serving plates, mound pasta alongside, and drizzle any remaining sauce over chicken. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Mom's Macaroni and Cheese 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Souvlaki and Orzo 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Louisiana Chicken Pasta 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- KFC Copycat Fried Chicken: Better... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Chipotle Beef/Chicken Marinade 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Parmesan 4.4/5 (16 Votes)