Chicken Souvlaki and Orzo
- For Souvlaki:
- 10 – 12 boneless skinless thighs – cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers – sliced and halved
- 1 large onion – sliced
- Skewers – soaked in water before using
- For the Marinade:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbs. dried oregano
- 3 - 4 tbs. of fresh dill – chopped
- 3 - 4 tbs. of fresh Italian parsley - chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- For the Orzo:
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach
- 2-3 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes – halved
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.com
Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl; place the chicken pieces in the marinade and cover. Refrigerate for at least on hour or more.
When ready to assemble the souvlaki rotate the chicken with the veggies on the skewers that have been soaked in water first.
Preheat Oven 350 degrees;
Place in a baking pan and bake for 45 – 50 minutes and there is a nice golden color on the chicken pieces and the juices in meat run clear.
Let the kabobs rest about 5-10 minutes before serving.
The souvlaki may also be grilled on the bbq.
For the Orzo:
Prepare the orzo as directed and drain.
Heat a large frying pan with 2 tbs. of olive oil.
Add the garlic, spinach and halved tomatoes; sauté until the tomatoes soften and the garlic is fragrant; season with the salt and pepper.
Combine the lemon juice with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil; drizzle over the orzo and toss.
You'll also love
- Ricotta Mini Waffles 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sticky Glaze Chicken Thighs with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Take-In Chicken Egg Rolls 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Vietnamese Clay Pot Chicken 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Baked Split Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Macaroni and Cheese w/ Jalapenos &... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Greek Orzo Chicken 4.5/5 (14 Votes)