Roast Snow Goose With Apple Apricot Stuffing
- 1 snow goose plucked, and prepared for cooking
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tart apple cored, diced
- 1 cup dried apricots chopped
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 bacon strips
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1 cup boiling water
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Sprinkle the goose with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
To make stuffing, place bacon grease in a large skillet. Saute onion until tender. Stir in apple, apricots and bread crumbs. Stuff the goose with this mixture, and close the opening.
Place goose, breast-side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Drape bacon strips over the breast of the goose. Place goose in the oven, and while it is cooking, baste the bird several times with a heated mixture of melted butter and apple juice or cider. Roast for 20 minutes per pound.
At the end of the calculated cooking time, pour the cup of boiling water in the roaster, cover and cook 30 minutes more.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)