Roast Snow Goose With Apple Apricot Stuffing
- 1 snow goose plucked, and prepared for cooking
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tart apple cored, diced
- 1 cup dried apricots chopped
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 bacon strips
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1 cup boiling water
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Sprinkle the goose with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
To make stuffing, place bacon grease in a large skillet. Saute onion until tender. Stir in apple, apricots and bread crumbs. Stuff the goose with this mixture, and close the opening.
Place goose, breast-side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Drape bacon strips over the breast of the goose. Place goose in the oven, and while it is cooking, baste the bird several times with a heated mixture of melted butter and apple juice or cider. Roast for 20 minutes per pound.
At the end of the calculated cooking time, pour the cup of boiling water in the roaster, cover and cook 30 minutes more.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Quail With Plum Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garfish Mississippi 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fried Squirrel With Onion Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Of Goose Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Wild Turkey Fingers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poached Salmon Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Pork With Rosemary-Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)