- 2 cups duck breasts
- 1 cup boneless pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup finely-diced yellow onion
- 1 celery stalk finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded, diced fine
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for sautéing
Place duck and pork shoulder in a food processor and grind thoroughly. Place ground mixture in a large bowl.
Heat butter in a skillet and sauté onion, celery, jalapeño and garlic until onion is translucent. Add orange juice and cook until liquid reduced by one-half. Add pepper and salt to taste. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Add mixture to bowl with ground duck, etc. Add egg and mix thoroughly with your hands.
Form meat into egg-sized balls and then press into patties. Add enough oil to just coat the bottom of a skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add patties and sauté on each side until well-browned and cooked throughout.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)