PARMESAN AND SPINACH ORZO
This creamy orzo dish is a wonderful side or light main dish, and it's sure to be a hit with the entire family!
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan until melted, about 1 minute. Add orzo and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Apple Hash 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Crumb Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deep Dish Strawberry-Rhubarb pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sistema Tortellini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Tomato Basil Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beth's Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lime Kissed Cilantro Spinach Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken-Orzo Salad w/ Goat Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)