Bacon Crumbled Catfish Filets
This is a meal you can have ready literally in about 20 minutes! It’s healthy and delicious, and you can serve with it your favorite salsa, fruit or topping. Catfish is a ‘sturdy’ fish filet to fry in a skillet; it doesn’t shred apart like some white fish does. Mild and tender, it’s really good with the mango-peach salsa.
- 4 slices thick bacon fried & crumbled
- 2 large catfish fillets
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (or Old Bay)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Meyer Lemon Juice/Zest
- Green onioins, chiffonade sliced
- Mango/Peach Salsa or your favorite (mine was store bought)
Adapted from allyskitchen.com
Season catfish, both sides, with lemon pepper, pepper, salt, and Cajun seasoning. Put coconut oil and butter in heavy skillet on medium high heat. Let it get hot.
Put catfish in (do not crowd) and cook on each side about 4-5 minutes depending on the thickness of the catfish.
Remove and garnish with some bacon crumbles, lemon zest/juice, green onions and your favorite topping.
You'll also love
- Overnight Apple Pie French Toast 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Seared Salmon with a Lemon -Chive... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Codfish and Potato Fritters 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- SWEET AND SOUR GROUND BEEF 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon Waffles with Peanut... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- BACON CHEESEBURGER ROLL-UPS 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Grilled Whole Catfish 4.6/5 (7 Votes)