Skinny Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
This dish has all the flavor without any of the extra salt in so many stir-fry dinners! This dish packs bold flavor in every bite! If there are leftovers, allow the beef to marinate in the ginger-orange sauce overnight and pack it for lunch the next day.
- 3/4 lbs sirloin beef, sliced thin (salt + pepper to taste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 lb broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup snow peas, ends off + deveined
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, drained
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- juice from 1 large orange (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
1. Season beef with salt and pepper. Lightly coat cornstarch over beef on both sides.
2. Heat peanut oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and ginger then stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Transfer beef to a bowl, cover with foil or plastic wrap and set aside.
3. Turn heat down to medium and add water to the hot wok. Add broccoli, bell pepper, snow peas, water chestnuts and garlic then carefully cover top with foil and steam for 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Stir.
4. Pour soy sauce, orange juice, water and red pepper into the wok and bring to boil. Return the cooked beef and stir until sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
You'll also love
- Quinoa Cauliflower and Collard... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Braised Eggplant & Tomatoes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Turkey Pot Pie I 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Lamb and Bean Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cauliflower w/ Capers... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Beef, Orzo & Grape Leaf Pie 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cream of Broccoli Asiago Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)