Red Potato Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Tried some mashed potatoes at a local restaurant and they were awesome.
This is a very close recipe to those.
- 8 Medium to large red potatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 T butter
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic or more to taste
- 1 bunch green onions - chives chopped (I only used the green stem of the onions)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or Sea salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper - ground semi-fine
Roasted Garlic. Preheat oven to 425.
Depending on the size of garlic you get, you can use the amount that you like in the recipe. Here in Oklahoma the cloves I get are smaller.
Cut the top off the garlic pod. Place in foil and add olive oil to the top of the pod and let some run down the side. Wrap tightly in foil, and place on a cookie sheet.
Bake for approximately 35 minutes until the pod is tender and fragrant.
Remove from oven and let cool. Remove outer skin, and gently squeeze the clove out. It will be like paste.
The smaller pod was just enough to make a teaspoon of roasted garlic.
Quarter or cube the red potatoes and put in a sauce pan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
I used a mixer to make these. You can mash them also.
Add butter, sour cream, and beat on low speed with mixer, enough to just mix the ingredients. Add garlic and chopped green onions, mixing these into the potato mixture.
Add salt and pepper and mix until all ingredients are mixed good.
You'll also love
- Lemon Chiffon Pie 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Bread 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Pumpkin Scones 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Bruschetta with... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Bruschetta 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Garlicky Roasted Shrimp with... 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes From Skillet 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)