Turkey Cabbage Lasagna
One of those recipes that tastes so much better than it sounds.
Came from a Weight Watchers member
For the points you just count the ground turkey or if you add rice.
You could add some balsamic vinegar to your tomato sauce or little hot sauce.
- 1 pound package ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 head of cabbage
- 2 cans of tomato sauce (7oz. each)
Brown turkey, onion, garlic and salt and pepper in oil, or you could use Pam. Set aside.
Slice the cabbage and place in bowl and microwave for about 8 minutes. (Purpose is to reduce size of cabbage to fit a casserole dish. (Remove the hard core of the cabbage).
Layer in a 9x12 inch pan just like lasagna.
1/3 of the reduced cabbage on bottom of casserole dish.
1/2 of 7oz can of tomato sauce over the top of cabbage.
Half of the turkey mixture.
Repeat until all ingredients have been used. Rinse the cans of tomato sauce with a little bit of water and use that as well.
End with cabbage as your top layer (just looks prettier)
Bake covered for 2 hours at 300 degrees. Longer it cooks better it tastes. Also excellent as reheated leftovers.
You'll also love
- Dutch Oven Red Potatoes with Black... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemonade Punch 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garides Saganaki (Shrimp Baked in... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Farmer's Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Marbella 0/5 (0 Votes)
- D'amico & Son's Turkey with Dried... 3.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Polish Cabbage Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Cabbage, Carrot And... 0/5 (0 Votes)