Garides Saganaki (Shrimp Baked in Tomato Sauce with Feta)
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion.
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- 1-1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and
- deveined with tails intact
- 1/2 cup diced tomato drained
- Salt to taste
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat the oil and saute onion over medium heat until soft. Add pepper flakes and garlic, and saute for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp, and saute for 2 minutes or until they begin to firm. Add tomato and salt, and cook two minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken. Transfer to a baking dish or individual gratin dishes. Bake for 10 minutes until bubbly, sprinkle with cheese and bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.