D'amico & Son's Turkey with Dried Cherries Pasta Salad
This D'amico & Son's Turkey with Dried Cherries Pasta Salad recipe tastes just like the one served at the restaurant. Enjoy!
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked, diced turkey breast (smoked is very good in this recipe)
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 diced celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup whole toasted almonds
- POPPYSEED DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 cups real mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoonds cold water
- 2 tablespoonds poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse in cold water. Chill. Combine pasta, turkey, dried cherries, onion, celery and almonds.
Combine powdered sugar and vinegar. Add mayo, water, poppy seeds, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add to pasta mixture. Toss until pasta is coated with dressing.
NOTE: May be refrigerated up to 3 days.