Raspberry Filled Palmiers
These are very simple to make, with just two ingredients-- puff pastry and sugar. They are crunchy with a beautiful caramel sugar coating.
- EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam, optional
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper or a Silpat Mat
- rolling pin
- sharp knife
- a bowl of water
- a small bowl of sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Thaw the puff pastry sheet, according to package directions. Spread an even layer of sugar onto a pastry board. Place the thawed pastry sheet on top of the sugar.
Sprinkle a layer of sugar on top of the pastry sheet. Gently roll the pastry sheet, pressing with a medium firmness to push the sugar into the dough.
Spread a very thin layer of seedless raspberry jam onto the puff pastry, leaving about a 2" border all the way around.Turn the dough with the short side facing you. Fold the end closest to you about 1 1/2" inward. Do the same from the other side.
With a rolling pin, press the dough together. Be careful not to press too hard, or the jam will ooze out.
Again, fold another 1 1/2" inward on each side. Now, fold one side on top of the other, add additional sugar and press again with a rolling pin.
Using a sharp knife, cut about 3/8" slices and place about 1 1/2" apart on parchment paper. Freeze for 15 minutes, or refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Don't skip this step!
Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on your oven, until golden brown.
Place on a cooling sheet.
These are excellent warm, or cold with a cup of hot coffee or hot tea.
You can freeze these and bake at a later time.
You'll also love
- Tuscan Tortellini Salad 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Blueberry Angel 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Ruby Tuesday's White Cheddar... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Pineapple Kasekuchen (German... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Mini Pecan Pies 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Classic Creme Brulee 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Raspberry White Chocolate Scones 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Blackberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (27 Votes)