Lemon-Rosemary Pickled Green Beans
- 2 pounds green beans
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 4 strips lemon peel - (3" lond)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pickling salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Sterilize 4 pint-sized jars and their lids according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Evenly trim the ends of the green beans to fit the jars. Divide and pack the green beans, rosemary, garlic, and lemon peels among the jars.
Bring a large pot or canner of water to a boil.
In a medium pot, combine the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring to dissolve the sugar and salt.
Ladle the hot mixture into the jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe the rims with a clean cloth, affix the lids and seals, and seal tightly.
Process the jars in the hot water bath for 15 minutes. Carefully remove with tongs and set aside to cool. Let sit in a cool, dark place for at least 3 weeks before opening.
This recipe yields 4 pints.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)