Sauteed Soft-Shell Crabs With Garlic And Butter
- 3 soft-shell crabs cleaned, patted dry
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Few chive blades chopped
- Essence for garnish (see Bayou Blast recipe)
Season crabs with salt and pepper and dredge in the flour, shaking off excess. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and saute the crabs until soft, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the crabs and set aside.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Then add the capers and white wine. Cook until wine has reduced to about 1/2. Swirl in the butter and the chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer crabs to a plate, spoon sauce over the crabs and garnish with Essence.
This recipe yields 3 appetizer servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (813 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (468 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.6/5 (320 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (298 Votes)