Healthier Chicken Fried Rice
Say goodbye to takeout and say hello to this quick and easy healthy chicken fried brown rice recipe. I love this because not only is it so easy to make and quick to throw together, but it uses basic ingredients that are likely to be on hand.
- 3 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 3/4 pound bonelss skinless chicken breasts, diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 1/3 cups frozen peas and carrots blend
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sriracha, for serving (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
In a large non-stick wok or skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and 1 1/2 teaspoon canola oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken pieces, season lightly with salt and pepper and saute until cooked through, about 5 - 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
Return skillet to medium-high heat, add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and 1 1/2 teaspoon canola oil. Add peas and carrots blend and green onions and sauté for 1 minute, add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Push veggies to edges of pan, add eggs in center and cook and scramble.
Return chicken to skillet along with rice. Add in soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with Sriracha to taste if desired.
You'll also love
- Grilled Fried Chicken Panini 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Ginger-Garlic and Lime Chicken... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Tenders 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Easy Crockpot Chicken and Rice Soup 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Chicken, Pineapple and Coconut... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Paleo Chicken Pad Thai 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Japanese Chicken Stir Fry 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Spicy Singapore-Style Chicken... 4.3/5 (42 Votes)