Coconut Lime Glazed Muffins
- ~For the muffins
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (100 grams) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Zest of one lime
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (48 grams) coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- ~For the glaze
- 1 cup (120 grams) powdered sugar
- Juice of one fresh lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 fresh lime, sliced thinly, for garnish
Adapted from blog.kitchenaid.com
~Make the muffins
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and lightly mist a KitchenAid® Nonstick Muffin Pan with non-stick spray, or line with cupcake papers.
Fit the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer with the whip attachment, and place the flour, coconut, baking powder, salt, and lime zest in the smaller mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
Place the sugar and coconut oil in the larger bowl of the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and mix on medium speed with the whip attachment. Mix in the egg until incorporated. Slowly pour in the coconut milk and coconut extract, and stir until combined.
Switch to the dough hook attachment and add the dry ingredients into the wet. Stir on medium speed until just barely combined. Do not overmix, or the muffins could come out tough. Batter will be lumpy.
Place about 1/2 cup of batter into each well of the KitchenAid® Nonstick Muffin Pan, and bake for 5 minutes. Without opening the oven door, turn the temperature down to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
~Glaze the muffins
Place the powdered sugar and lime juice in a small bowl and stir to combine.
Dip the tops of the muffins in the glaze.
Press a small slice of lime into the glaze for garnish.