Rigatoni with Meaty Mushroom Bolognese
This Rigatoni with mushrooms is quickly prepared in 30 minutes using ground beef. Simple to make and it tastes great!
David Bonom, Cooking Light
- 6 ounces uncooked rigatoni
- 8 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup carrots, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons unsalted tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated and divided (about 1/4 cup)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Keep warm.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 2 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove beef from pan; set beef aside.
Return pan to medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add carrot, onion, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or just until tender.
Stir in zucchini, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beef; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and crushed red pepper to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Stir in cream; cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Divide pasta among 4 bowls. Top each serving with 1 1/4 cups sauce; sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Tasty Flank Steak with Melon Relish 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Seared Sea Scallops with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Ham & Cheese Gnocchi 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pork chops in mushroom gravy 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Linguine with Shrimp, Asparagus... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Broccoli, Sweet Bell Pepper and... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Rigatoni with Roasted... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)