Cherry Coconut Macaroons (Diabetic friendly)
With only 4 grams of carbs per serving, these coconut macaroons are little bites of heaven!
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute (I prefer Whey Low Sugar for Diabetics)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups grated coconut
Adapted from diabeticconnect.com
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form. Continue beating, adding the sugar substitute. Fold in the almond extract. Fold in the grated coconut. Mixture will be stiff.
2. Drop by teaspoonful onto a nonstick cookie sheet.
3. Bake 20 minutes. Remove macaroons to a wire rack to cool. Cookies will be 1" in diameter.
4. YIELDS 35 PIECES.