Brandy And Orange-Mashed Sweet Potatoes In Orange Cups
- 7 large sweet potatoes - (abt 3 lbs)
- 4 large oranges
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let rest until just cool enough to handle.
Lower the oven to 350 degrees.
Make the orange cups by cutting the oranges in half and scooping out the pulp, leaving only the shell. Set aside.
While still somewhat hot, peel the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Discard the skins and tough, stringy fibers. Add the butter, and with an electric mixer, beat out the lumps. Add the sugar, eggs, orange juice, heavy cream, and brandy, and mix until smooth. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, and mix well. Re-season, to taste.
Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the orange cups, mounding and smoothing the top. Bake until puffed and slightly golden, about 20 minutes.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (905 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (708 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (499 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.4/5 (429 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)