Orange-Cranberry Scones with Turbinado Sugar
No need to stop by the local coffee shop on the way to work when you can make your own delicious Orange-Cranberry Scones with Turbinado Sugar at home!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes and chilled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, plus more for brushing
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, whisk the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and 3 tablespoons of the sugar. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
Mix in the cranberries and orange zest. Stir in the 1/2 cup of buttermilk until a stiff dough forms; knead until it just comes together.
On a floured surface, pat the dough into a 3/4-inch-thick round and cut into 8 wedges. Brush with buttermilk. Sprinkle the remaining sugar on top.
Transfer to the baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven for 17 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer the scones to a rack and let cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Asian Orange Chicken Thighs with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Paleo Raw Chocolate Coconut... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Cauliflower Pasta with Pecorino,... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- No Bake Apple Pie Bites 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Raspberry Bars with Fresh... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Pastiera Napoletana (Neapolitan... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Glazed Orange Scones 4.6/5 (12 Votes)