Grilled Shrimp with Black-Eyed Peas and Chimichurri
Shrimp is grilled to perfection and served over a salad made with black-eyed peas, tomatoes and arugula, with a homemade chimichurri sauce.
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- 20 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked or thawed frozen black-eyed peas
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby arugula
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a medium bowl, whisk the parsley with the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic and crushed red pepper. Season the chimichurri generously with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with 1/4 cup of the chimichurri and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper and grill over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
In a large bowl, toss the black-eyed peas with the tomatoes, arugula and 1/4 cup of the chimichurri; season with salt and pepper. Pile the salad on plates, top with the shrimp and serve, passing the remaining chimichurri at the table.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (499 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)