Salmon and Salami Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is fantastic warm or cold. The flavors of the Mediterranean come through with balsamic vinegar and capers. You can make this pasta salad lower in fat and calories by eliminating the salami and/or the mayonnaise and it is still fantastic.
- 12 ounce box Hidden Veggie Penne Rigate
- 7 ounces canned Alaskan salmon
- 3 ounces salami
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil blend mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill paste (or dried dill)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Prepare the pasta as directed on the box. While the pasta is cooking prepare the meat, veggies and dressing. Drain the salmon and remove bones and skin and set aside. Chop salami in to bite sized pieces. Dice celery, onion, bell pepper and scallions and place in a large bowl. To the veggies add the capers, lemon juice, olive oil, mayonnaise, dill paste (or dried dill) and parsley. Drain pasta leaving a small amount of the cooking liquid in the pot. Stir the pasta, salmon and salami with veggies and dressing together in the bowl. Top with shaved Parmesan.
There is no need to add salt as the fish, salami, capers and Parmesan are salty enough.