Egg Sandwich with Spinach, Brie & Maple Bacon
A late night snack or weekend brunch to make Scooby-Doo proud, this egg sandwich with maple glazed bacon, spinach, and melted brie hits the spot!
- 2 strips bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 English muffin, split
- 2 large slices Brie cheese, warmed and softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
Adapted from framedcooks.com
Preheat oven to 425°F. Cover a sided baking sheet with foil and lay bacon on top. Brush bacon with maple syrup. Bake for 10 minutes or until bacon is done to your liking.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté spinach until wilted, about 2 minutes. Cover with a lid and set aside.
Toast English muffin. While still warm, spread both sides with softened cheese.
Heat butter in a second small skillet over medium-low heat until melted. Gently fry egg until yolk is soft set. Flip and cook another minute.
Lay egg on bottom of English muffin. Top with spinach. Cover spinach with bacon. Cover with top of English muffin.
You'll also love
- Quick Strawberry Ice Cream 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Roasted Tomatillo & Green Olive... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Jalapeno Cheddar... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Yoshinoya Beef Bowl 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman Pan Fried Pork Chops 4/5 (72 Votes)
- Bacon and Cheddar Puff Pastry... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Penne Pasta With Spinach and... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Creamy tomato and kale soup 4.6/5 (20 Votes)