Tomato-Basil Lasagna Rolls
Canned artichokes give the rich filling its meaty heft. Feel free to sub sautéed 'shrooms or spinach.
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 (24-ounce) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can baby artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- Toppings: fresh basil, Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 155mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta (do not rinse); arrange in a single layer on a piece of lightly greased aluminum foil or wax paper.
Sauté onion in hot oil in a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes or until caramelized. Add two-thirds of minced garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
Stir in tomato sauce and next 2 ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir together ricotta and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in artichoke hearts, next 3 ingredients, and remaining minced garlic. Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture on 1 noodle. Roll up firmly, and place, seam side down, into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles and cheese. Spoon tomato sauce over lasagna rolls.
Bake, covered, at 350°F. for 45 to 50 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with desired toppings.
Note: We tested with Classico Tomato & Basil pasta sauce.
You'll also love
- Weight Watchers Butterfinger... 4/5 (199 Votes)
- Moist and Easy Cornbread 4.2/5 (87 Votes)
- Crispy Chicken Tortilla Rollups ... 4.4/5 (66 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Cornbread 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Basil Tomato Pork Chops 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Crockpot Rice and Porkchops 4.4/5 (66 Votes)
- Cucumber, Tomato, & Avocado Salad 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms 4.4/5 (61 Votes)