Grilled Hamburger Steaks with Roasted Onions
This meal is about as steak-and-potatoes as it gets, substitute potatoes for onions. It's simple and straightforward, and that's what makes it good.
- 4 (4 to 6-ounces each) lean ground beef patties
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 ounce onion soup mix (from 2-ounce package)
- 2 large Bermuda or other sweet onions, cut in half, then thinly sliced and separated (6-cups)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Spray two 18x12-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil with cooking spray.
Brush beef patties with steak sauce; sprinkle with half of the soup mix (dry). Place half of the onions on center of each foil piece. Sprinkle with remaining soup mix, the brown sugar and vinegar. Fold foil over onions so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
Cover and grill packets and beef patties 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning patties and rotating packets 1/2 turn once or twice, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160ºF. Place packets and patties on plates. Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil.
If you can't find the ground beef patties at your market, you can make your own with 1 pound lean ground beef. Shape into 4 patties, each about 1/2 inch thick.
These patties and onions can be served in sandwich buns. Just add your favorite condiments such as additional steak sauce, mustard, pickles, tomatoes, shredded lettuce and cheese.
You'll also love
- Open-Face Pesto-Chicken Burgers 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Lime Lemonade 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Cuban Sandwiches with... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Irish Soda Bread 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Jam-Filled Thumbprint Cookies 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Banana Split Brownie Pizza 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Cheesy Potato Bake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Mushroom and Sweet Potato Stew... 4.3/5 (28 Votes)