Jam-Filled Thumbprint Cookies
These are one of the easiest cookies to make, and will disappear almost as fast as you can make them. For extra color and flavor, use different kinds of jam.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup finely ground almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup jam
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from cakebossbaking.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla, lemon zest, flour and salt.In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla, lemon zest, flour and salt.
Shape into a ball, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Break off walnut-sized pieces, roll them into 1-inch balls. Sprinkle the ground nuts on a plate and roll the balls in the nuts. Place the balls on a baking sheet, about 1-inch apart.
Push down on each ball with a thumb to make an indentation. Fill the indentation with a dab of jam.
Bake for about 8 minutes, or until barely beginning to turn golden. Do not overcook. Remove to a rack to cool. To store, pack in single layers, separated by waxed paper, in an airtight container. The cookies will keep for about 1 week.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Cream Brunch Cake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Pigs In A Blanket 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- The Perfect Moist Yellow Cake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Vanilla Sea Salted Peanut Cookies 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Hanukkah Rugelach 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Gingerbread Turtle Thumbprint... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Life-Changing Vegan Thumbprint... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)