Open-Face Pesto-Chicken Burgers
Pesto chicken burgers are easy to make for a quick dinner. Also always a crowd pleaser, you get will be impressed with these pesto chicken burgers.
- 1 pound uncooked ground chicken or ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons purchased basil pesto
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or salt
- 2 3-inch pieces ciabatta bread or four 3/4-inch-thick slices rustic Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, arugula, or spring garden mix
- 8 small tomato slices
- Ground black pepper
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from bhg.com
In bowl combine ground chicken, half of the pesto, the Parmesan, garlic, and salt. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick oval patties (to fit bread).
Halve ciabatta horizontally. Brush cut side of ciabatta or both sides of Italian bread with olive oil; set aside (reserving any extra oil).
For a charcoal grill, place patties on greased rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 13 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (165 degrees), turning once halfway through grilling. Top each patty with a mozzarella slice. Cover grill; grill 1 to 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Add bread and grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until toasted. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.)
Arrange greens on toasted bread. Top with chicken patties and tomato slices. Stir any remaining olive oil into remaining pesto and drizzle over all. Sprinkle with coarsely ground black pepper. Makes 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Baked Ranch Chicken 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Parmesan Fried Chicken Drumettes 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Moroccan Chicken 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Hot Buffalo Chicken Meatball... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Hamburgers with Fresh Tomato and... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Juicy Pub-Style Burgers 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- 50 Things to Make With Pesto 3.9/5 (17 Votes)