Pulled Pork Cuban Sandwiches with Bacon
You can't go wrong with pulled pork, ham and bacon.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- One loaf Cuban bread or 4 hoagie rolls
- Yellow or Dijon mustard
- Mayonnaise, optional
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
- 8 pieces cooked bacon
- 8 ounces pulled pork or roasted pork
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese
- 12 thin dill pickle slices
Adapted from bestestrecipes.com
Heat a panini press or sandwich maker.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter with the olive oil.
Cut the loaf of bread into quarters and slice each quarter in half lengthwise, leaving one edge
Lay the bread open like a book.
Flip the bread over and using a pastry brush, coat each side of the bread with some of the
butter/olive oil mixture.
Flip the bread over again and generously spread the insides with mustard and some
mayonnaise, if using.
Divide the ingredients evenly among the slices of bread and build your sandwiches in this
order: ham, bacon, pork, cheese and pickles.
Bring the tops and bottoms together and press slightly to compact.
Place a sandwich on the press and lower the lid, pressing down.
Cook each sandwich until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Allow the sandwich to cool for 2 minutes before slicing in half to serve.
You'll also love
- Banana Split Brownie Pizza 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Cherry Bourbon Milkshakes... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Pretzels 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
Review this recipe