Vegan Chickpea Mushroom Burgers with Mustard Green Pesto
Try these delicious Vegan Chickpea Mushroom Burgers with Mustard Green Pesto at your next Barbeque or grilling summer party. Perfect for vegans, vegetarian, or even just the guests looking to eat healthier, these vegan burgers will give you all the burger-flavor you crave without the meat. Serve with a lightly dressed side salad, the picnic sides of your choice, or just some yummy grilled vegetables.
- 1 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms (buttons, portobello, shiitake)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon low sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (if canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- additional grapeseed oil for cooking
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 cups packed mustard greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from dishingupthedirt.com
Drizzle 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until tender and lightly browned. About 5 minutes. Add garlic, mushrooms, thyme, and tamari. Cook until tender and fragrant, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Remove veggies from heat and set aside to cool for about 5 minutes. Lightly wipe down the pan since you’ll be using it again.
Add the chickpeas, chickpea flour, and mushroom mixture to a food processor. Pulse until well combined but still clumpy. Be careful not to over-process. Taste test and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Place chickpea-mushroom batter in a large bowl in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to set.
While batter sets clean your food processor. Place all of the ingredients for the pesto in the food processor and blend until smooth. Add more oil if the consistency is too thick. Taste test and set aside.
Once chickpea dough has chilled, form into 4 to 6 uniform patties.
Heat a few tablespoons of grapeseed oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot place patties in pan and fry until golden brown on each side. About 5 to 8 minutes per side.
Serve with regular hamburger buns or lettuce wraps. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Bacon Ranch Salad 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- 1-Hour Cinnamon Rolls 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cake Pops 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Hungarian Mushroom Soup... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Pressure-Cooker Brisket in a Pinch 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Blue Cheese,Pesto & Mushroom... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Spicy Black-Eyed Peas 3.9/5 (36 Votes)