Mini Crab Cakes with Spicy Red Pepper Sauce
Literally everyone loves crab cakes (except those with shellfish allergies!), which is why they're the ultimate party appetizer!
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped jarred roasted red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon expeller-pressed canola oil, more if needed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Place crab meat in a large bowl and use your fingers to gently feel for and remove any pieces of shell or cartilage. Add green onions, bread crumbs, seafood seasoning and pepper and toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, egg and 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise and pour over the crab mixture. Toss until combined, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a blender, combine bell pepper, hot sauce, zest and remaining 4 tablespoons mayonnaise; blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Form the crab mixture into 24 small cakes, each about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, fry cakes until nicely browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Drain briefly on a paper-towel lined plate and serve warm with the pepper sauce.
You'll also love
- Key Lime Pound Cake with Key Lime... 3.7/5 (217 Votes)
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Roasted... 4/5 (106 Votes)
- Individual Baked Oatmeal Cups 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- 7-Layer Mexican Dip 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Spicy Boiled Shrimp 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Creepy Dirt Cups 4.5/5 (56 Votes)
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese 3.9/5 (103 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Lo Mein 4.2/5 (72 Votes)