Spicy Sriracha & Smoked Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings
One of the most beautiful things about this recipe is that it only has a few ingredients. These Smoked Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings are great by themselves but can also be used with a dipping sauce such as the simple spicy Sriracha mayo recipe provided. Enjoy!
- 1 pack bacon
- 4 to 5 sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1/2 cup Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mayo
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 105mins
Adapted from grilling24x7.com
Cut onions into 1/2 inch thick rings and pop the internal rings out until you have a nice sturdy onion ring.
Brush onion with hot sauce.
Wrap each onion ring with bacon and secure with a skewer or toothpick.
Heavily cover the onion rings with pepper and smoke, grill or bake for about 90 minutes at 250-350°F.
To make the spicy Sriracha mayo, combine 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce, and 1 teaspoon of lime juice. Mix well.
You can use a charcoal grill via indirect heat and some smoke wood on top of the coals. Aim for 250-350°F and grill the onions rings for about 90 minutes. If using a Smoker load the grate with bacon wrapped onion rings and let it go for about 90 minutes at about 280°F. You'll know they are done when the bacon looks nicely cooked. We all know what cooked bacon looks like!
You'll also love
- Low Carb Glazed Blueberry Cheese... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Low Carb Cheesy Yellow Squash... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cheesecake 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Super Moist Zucchini Bread 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Basic Turkey Gravy 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin with... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate Almond Muffins 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Mom's Vegetable Soup with Ham Bone 4.5/5 (17 Votes)