Spinach Balls with Parmesan & Cheddar
Quick and easy vegetable appetizer using frozen chopped spinach, Parmesan, onion, bread crumbs, eggs, and spices. Great for snacks!
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, diced finely
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl, mix eggs with the spices. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls (I used a cookie scoop).
Arrange the balls in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
Freeze any leftovers in a Ziploc bag in a single layer for future dinners/snacks.
You'll also love
- Healthy Potato Side Dish 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Low Carb Cauliflower Mac and Cheese 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Honey 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Parmesan Crusted Roasted Asparagus 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Empanadas 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Balls 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Spinach and Jack Cheese Bread... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Rolls 4.5/5 (25 Votes)