Applebee's Tequila-Lime Chicken in Creamy Southwest Sauce
- 1/2 cuptequila
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1 tablespoonhot sauce
- 1/4 cupvegetable or canola oil
- 4 bone-in skin-off chicken breasts
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoonscilantro leaves; finely chopped
- 1/4 cupranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cupsalsa
- 1 cupshredded monterey jack cheese/cheddar blend
- 2 cupscorn chips; crumbled
Cooking time 60mins
In a large bowl, combine the tequila, lime juice, hot sauce and vegetable or canola oil. Add the chicken to the mixture and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up 4 hours. (See Notes)
When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400F or grill to medium.
Shake the excess marinade off the meat and season the pieces with salt and pepper. Grill or roast the meat until cooked through, about 40 minutes in the oven or 8 minutes per side on the grill.
While the meat is cooking, stir together the cilantro, dressing and salsa in a medium-size bowl.
Arrange cooked chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread a layer of Salsa-Ranch dressing over each piece of chicken, followed by 1/4 cup of cheese blend. Broil in preheated oven for 2 to 3 minutes, or just until cheese has melted.
Spread a bed of about 1/2 cup crumbled corn chips on each of 4 plates. Slide a chicken breast onto the chips on each plate and serve.
You'll also love
- Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken 4.2/5 (64 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker BBQ Beef Tips 3.9/5 (87 Votes)
- Easy Oven Baked Cheeseburger... 4.3/5 (44 Votes)
- Cheddar's New Orleans Pasta with... 4.2/5 (91 Votes)
- Rotisserie Chicken Peanut Noodles 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- America's Test Kitchen Chicken... 4.1/5 (52 Votes)
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken with... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Chili 4.5/5 (24 Votes)