Jelly Roll-Raspberry Amaretto
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 1 tsp. Amaretto diSaranno
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 jumbo eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam/preserves
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Fresh raspberries
Adapted from italianbellavita.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the sugar, almond paste and amaretto liquor with a blender until well blended.
Coat a 15 X 10″ jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
Line pan with wax paper.
Coat paper well with cooking spray.
Generously sprinkle wax paper with powdered sugar…..this is a MUST to prevent cake from sticking.
Combine 2/3 cup flour with baking powder and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Stir with a whisk.
Place eggs in a large bowl, beat with a hand-held mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
Gradually add sugar/almond paste mixture with vanilla extract, beating at a medium speed until smooth (about 3 minutes).
Fold half of the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
Repeat procedure with remaining flour mixture.
Spread batter evenly into prepared jelly roll pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and the cake springs back lightly in the center.
Loosen cakes from sides of pan and turn it over onto a dishtowel GENEROUSLY sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Carefully peel off the wax paper.
Sprinkle cake with 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar, cool for one minute.
Starting at one end, roll up the cake and towel TOGETHER.
Place seam side down on a wire rack and cool completely for about 30 minutes.
Carefully unroll the cooled cake and remove the towel.
Spread the jam/preserves over the cake.
Re-roll the cake back up, placing seam-side down on a platter.
Mix the whipping cream and powdered sugar in a medium bowl, beat with hand-held mixer until stiff peaks form.
Cut cake into 1″ wide slices with a serrated knife.
Top each slice with whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
You'll also love
- Beer Battered Fish and Sweet... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Quick and Healthy Turkey Chili 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Sweet-Potato Wedges 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Coconut Whipped Cream (ISI Whipper) 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Mango Avocado Smoothie 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Cranberry Scones w/Orange Zest 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Gran’s White Chocolate &... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling for... 3.8/5 (145 Votes)