Quick and Healthy Turkey Chili
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp. Minced Garlic, or 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) Tomato Sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper, finely chopped from 1 can (7 oz.) Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
Adapted from goya.com
1. Heat oil in medium pot over medium heat. Stir in green bell pepper, onions and garlic; cook until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add turkey, cumin and Adobo. Cook, breaking up turkey with spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, 1 cup water and chipotle pepper; bring liquid to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer until chili thickens and flavors come together, about 10 minutes. Season with Adobo.
3. Divide chili among serving bowls. Top with cheese, avocado and cilantro.