Firecracker Chicken Wraps
- Firecracker Chicken
- 2-3 lbs boneless chicken breasts, marinaded, grilled or roasted and shredded
- Firecracker Marinade
- 1/2 cup Crystal® Lousiana Hot Sauce or Frank's® Red-HotTM
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt-kosher or sea salt (to dissolve easier)
- Firecracker Sauce
- 1 Cup Crystal® Lousiana Hot Sauce or Frank's® Red-HotTM
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 6-8 ounces (1 1/2-2 cups) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 6 flour tortillas- 6 inch size
- Avocado Lime Sauce
- 1 avocado
- juice from 3-4 limes
- olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced fine or pressed
- salt to taste
- Ranch dressing
Adapted from community.tasteofhome.com
Mix marinade ingredients together stirring until salt is disolved. Pour into large zip top freezer bag and add chicken. Turn to coat chicken with marinade. Let marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, turn bag several time to insure chicken is evenly coated.
Grill or roast chicken breasts after they have marinated. Shred cooked chicken. Place shredded chicken into a plastic container with a lid. Pour a generous amount of the sauce over the wings,cover, and gently stiror toss the wings so that they are all well coated with the sauce.
In same container mix in desired amount of cheese with chicken. Toss gently to coat well.
Wrap the tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temperature for 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.
Spoon approximately one-sixth of the mixture into the center of a tortilla. Don't stuff tortillas too full. Fold in the ends and then roll the tortilla over the mixture. Roll the tortilla very tight, then pierce with a toothpick to hold together. Arrange the wraps on a plate, cover the plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours, overnight if possible.
Preheat 4-6 cups of oil to 375 degrees.
Deep fry the wraps in the hot oil for 12-15 minutes and remove to paper towels or a rack to drain for about 2 minutes. Carefully remove toothpicks.
Slice each eggroll diagonally lengthwise and arrange on a plate covered with lettuce leaves around a small bowl of the avocado dipping sauce or ranch dressing. Garnish with the dipping sauce with the chopped tomato.
Combine all ingredients water and cornstarch for the sauce in a small saucepan. Heat sauce over medium heat until boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water until no lumps remain.Stir into mixture in sauce pan and heat over medium high heat until sauce thickens.Remove pan from the heat and cool.
Avocado Lime Sauce:
Mash avocado, mix in the juice of 3-4 limes, add a little olive oil (up to 1 tablespoon), garlic and salt. Whisk together well until smooth.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Shrimp with Pesto 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken in Slow Cooker 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Chicken Salad 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Applebee's Chicken Wings 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Hot Dog Charlies Sauce for Hot Dogs 3.7/5 (49 Votes)
- Skillet Barbecue Chicken 3.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Chicken Tortilla soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken Roll Ups 4/5 (1 Votes)