Hot Dog Charlies Sauce for Hot Dogs
Love a good chili dog? Make this homemade dog sauce with ground beef, onions and spices to top your dog. Top with some shredded cheese and chopped onions.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tablespoon beef base, I used Continental
- 1 quart water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 375mins
Combine ground beef, onion, beef base and water. Bring to boil and reduce by half. Add spices and tomato paste. Put the ground beef mixture into your slow cooker on low and cook for at least 6 hours.
Freeze what you don't use for later.
Note: Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
You'll also love
- Apple Cornbread Dressing 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Chops in Brown Butter with... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Ham & Tater Corn Chowder 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Simple Stromboli 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Easy Homemade Concord Grape Jelly 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Benihana Shrimp Sauce 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Homemade Barbecue Sauce 4.6/5 (13 Votes)