Coca Cola Brisket
Whether you cook this brisket in the oven or a crockpot, you’ll be amazed at the flavor and tenderness that result from just a few ingredients.
- 4 to 6 pound beef brisket, visible fat untrimmed
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coca Cola
- 1 cup bottled chili sauce (may substitute ketchup)
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
Adapted from leitesculinaria.ziplist.com
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Pat the brisket dry with paper towels, if desired, to remove any moisture. Place it in a nonreactive roasting pan or a glass baking dish just large enough to fit the brisket.
Mix Coke, chili sauce and dried onion soup mix in a bowl and pour it over the brisket.
Cover the baking dish or roasting pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake the brisket until tender, about 30 minutes per pound.
Transfer brisket to a cutting board and let it rest for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, skim the fat from the surface of the pan juices and discard.
Pour the defatted pan juices into a gravy boat or, if a thicker consistency is desired, pour the juices into a saucepan and simmer until reduced slightly.
Trim any visible fat from the brisket, then thinly slice it against the grain. Pile the slices on a platter and pass the warm pan juices on the side.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
This four-ingredient recipe just got even simpler. Place the brisket in the slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the brisket. Cook on low for 9 hours.
Transfer the meat to a cutting board to rest.
Skim any fat from the surface of the sauce. If a thicker sauce is desired, pour the sauce into a saucepan and simmer until reduced to the desired consistency.
Slice or shred the brisket and serve with the sauce.
You'll also love
- Italian Sausage Soup with... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- POTATO SOUP II 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie (King Arthur... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Veal Chops Umbrian-Style 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Two-Can Cola Beef... 4.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Guinness Beef Shepherd’s Pie 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Coca-Cola Cupcakes with Salted... 4.4/5 (32 Votes)