Grilled Salmon and Zucchini with Red Pepper Sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup halved grape tomatoes , or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar , or red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds wild-caught salmon fillet , (see Note), skinned and cut crosswise into 4 portions
- 2 medium zucchini , or summer squash (or 1 of each), halved lengthwise
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
1.Preheat grill to medium.
2.Process almonds, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, oil, vinegar, paprika, cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth; set aside.
3.Coat salmon and zucchini (and/or summer squash) on both sides with cooking spray, then sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill, turning once, until the salmon is just cooked through and the squash is soft and browned, about 3 minutes per side.
4.Transfer the squash to a clean cutting board. When cool enough to handle, slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Toss in a bowl with half of the reserved sauce. Divide the squash among 4 plates along with a piece of salmon topped with some of the remaining sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.