classic green bean casserole
- 4 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 (103/4 oz) can reduced-fat condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup shredded fat - free cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup packaged french-fried onions
- 4 point plus per serving
1. preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Spray an 8' square baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Cook the green beans according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Spray a small nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium high heat. Add the onion & sugar; cook, stirring frequently, until the onion starts to brown, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the green beans. Stir in the soup, cheese, worchestire sauce, and garlic powder.Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the onions and bake until bubbly, about 5 minutes.