Summer Squash Casserole
Light and healthy summer squash casserole with cheese and eggs.
- 1 medium-sized summer squash, peeled and diced
- 1 big sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 1 big carrot, grated
- 5 eggs
- 4 ounces Goudacheese (actually any cheese will do)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dry greens mixture (basil, dill, parsley)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from everythingofcooking.com
Peel and dice the squash. Chop the pepper and onion. Grate the carrot on fine holes of your box grater. Mix all the vegetables in a big bowl. Salt, season with greens and stir. Set aside.
Beat the eggs in a smaller bowl, mix in the milk and sour cream. Whisk well. Grate the cheese on the fine holes of your box grater and add it to the egg mixture. Set aside.
Now place the vegetables into a deep pre-oiled roasting pan and pour the egg-cheese mixture over the top. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 350ºF (180ºC) until the top gets brown, it usually takes 30 to 50 minutes.
Enjoy your summer squash casserole!
You'll also love
- Smoked Corn on the Cob 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- LEMONGRASS MARSHMALLOWS 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Broccoli & Fennel Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Marinated Olives with Rosemary,... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini-Cashew Soup 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Eel Sauce 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Beet, Pumpkin Seed & Feta Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Biko (Filipino Sweet Sticky Rice) 4.4/5 (5 Votes)