Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Tots
Enjoy these low carb and gluten free cheesy cauliflower tots as a side dish, or perfect as a snack!
- 1/2 large head caulflower, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Vege-Sal (or a slightly smaller amount of salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon Spike Seasoning (Probably optional, but it does add flavor. You can substitute another all-purpose seasoning blend that tastes good with cauliflower)
- Fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from ziplist.com
Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
Spray a Mini Muffin Pan with non-stick spray.
Cut away the leaves of the cauliflower, but use most of the inner core part. Coarsely chop the cauliflower, place in a micro-wave proof bowl, cover with cling wrap, and microwave 2 minutes on high. (Microwaves can vary so you may need to experiment with the time, but the cauliflower should be just slightly soft.)
Quickly take off the cling-wrap and let the steam escape, and if you see any water in the bottom of the bowl, put the cauliflower into a colander and let the water drain off.
Put the steel blade in the food processor, add the cauliflower, and pulse until the cauliflower is finely chopped but still slightly chunky. (Be careful not to over process so you don't end up with cauliflower puree!) If there is any water in the food processor bowl, drain the cauliflower again in the colander.
Put finely chopped cauliflower into a bowl and add the reduced-fat sharp cheddar, coarsely grated Parmesan, almond flour, Vege-Sal or salt, Spike Seasoning (if using), and fresh-ground black pepper. Stir until ingredients are well-combined. Add the egg and stir until the ingredients are mostly coated with egg. (You might be tempted to add another egg, but don't. You'll be surprised how well this sticks together.)
Use a One Tablespoon Cookie Scoop or a steel one-tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out rounded spoonfuls of the mixture and place it in the mini muffin pan. Bake 15 minutes. Carefully turn each cauliflower tot over in the muffin tin and bake 15 minutes more, or until tots are nicely browned on both sides. Serve hot; these are best served right out of the oven.
You'll also love
- No Bake-Peanut Butter Cookie Bars 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Spaghetti With Spicy Scallop... 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Best Ever Blueberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Teriyaki Chicken Wings 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole 3.9/5 (124 Votes)
- Tomato, Avocado and Cucumber... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Hot Onion & Cheese Soufflé Dip 4.3/5 (58 Votes)
- Buffalo Cauliflower 4.6/5 (34 Votes)