Long Boy Burgers
Meatloaf and burgers collide in this delicious long boy burgers recipe! Spice things up a little by adding jalapenos.
- 2 to 4 (6-inch) sub rolls, split in half lengthwise
- 1 1/4 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup whole or lowfat milk
- 6 tablespoons ketchup, separated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adjust the oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 450°F.
Bake rolls, cut side up, on wire rack inside rimmed baking sheet until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
Combine cornflakes, onion, milk, 4 tablespoons ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, garlic powder, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Add meat and knead gently until well combined.
Top toasted rolls evenly with meat mixture, spreading meat to edges of rolls. Brush top of meat mixture evenly with remaining ketchup and bake until meat registers 160°F, 20 to 25 minutes. Top burgers with cheese and continue to bake until cheese melts, 3 to 4 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. Serve.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Green St. Patrick's Day Bread 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Paleo Raspberry and Lemon Tart 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Mice & Cheese Appetizer 4/5 (42 Votes)
- Savory Mushroom Crepes with Gruyere 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Meathead's Memphis Dust 3.7/5 (136 Votes)
- New Orleans-Style Crawfish... 3.7/5 (127 Votes)