Linguine with Asparagus and Ricotta
- 1/2 + box whole grain pasta
- 4 Tbsp grated Pecorino Cheese ( I used a 3 cheese blend of parmesan, asiago and romano lots of flavor)
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 2 shallots chopped
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic minced ( I used 5 I LOVE garlic)
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms ( I used sliced baby bellas)
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
Preheat oven to 425 and spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Toss asparagus pieces and shallots with 1 1/2 tsp of oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Place on baking sheet and roast in oven for 20 minutes stirring halfway through.
Cook pasta in boiling water following package directions.
Mix 2 Tbsp of the grated cheese with the parsley and set aside.
Drain the pasta but RESERVE 3/4 cup of the cooking water to be used later.
Heat the remaining 1 1/2 tsp of oil in the pasta pot over medium heat and add the garlic stirring frequently until just golden (about 1 minute)
Add the mushrooms, pepper and the remaining 1/4 tsp of salt stirring occasionally until mushrooms are tender about 10 minutes.
Stir in pasta then add the asparagus mixture and 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
Remove pot from the heat and add the ricotta cheese and remaining 2 Tbsp of shredded cheese mixing well to allow the ricotta to melt.
Sprinkle top with the reserved shredded cheese and parsley mixture.