Asian Chicken and Orange Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbs hoisin sauce
- 4 tbs brown sugar packed
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 14 drops red pepper sauce
- 3 oranges, washed, peeled, seed and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 tbs cilantro or Italian parsley leaves chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, separated into lettuce cups
In large skillet sprayed with pam, sauté chicken over medium heat, crumbling and cooking until no longer pink. Pout into dish; set aside. Rinse out pan and spray with pam. Sauté pepper, onion, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes. Add meat to pan.
In a small bowl, blend lemon juice, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce and red pepper sauce. Pour into pan and stir to coat chicken. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring until sauce is almost absorbed, about 4 minutes. Stir in orange pieces and cilantro or parsely.
Serve with lettuce cups.