Passover Strawberry Shortcake
- 9 egg yolks
- 2 c. sugar
- 6 T. water
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 c. unsifted matza cake meal
- 3/4 c. unsifted potato starch
- 2 1/2 t. grated lemon rind
- 1/2 t. grated orange rind
- 9 egg whites
- 1/2 t. salt
Mix together the egg yolks, sugar, water, and lemon juice. Beat together at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add the matza cake meal, potato starch, lemon rind and orange rind very gradually to the egg yolk mixture. Make the addition as if you are shaking powder (this is the key to it not falling). It should take 5 minutes or more to add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
Beat the egg whites and salt separately until the egg whites are just a little beyond the soft peak stage.
Fold the egg white mixture gently but thoroughly into the cake batter. Pour into an ungreased 10" tube pan. Bake on the middle rack at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched lightly.
Cool completely inverted. Remove from pan when cool. Serve with big red strawberries (and whipped cream if you want to cheat).
You'll also love
- Chi Chi's Sweet corn cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HOT CRABBIES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dehydrate Green Beans for a Snack... 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Date Loaf Candy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Frozen White Chocolate & Raspberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauerkraut and Cranberry Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Picadilly Strawberry Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)