Unique Spinach Noodles
By: McKenzie Delling
"These green spinach noodles have a very interesting texture and flavor--but they taste better than store-bought noodles because they're fresh. Use in soups, or serve alone; they are great either way. This is an easy recipe, and you'll get lots of compliments because you made them yourself."
- 1 1/4 cups torn spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Combine spinach and water in a saucepan. Cover, and cook till spinach is very tender. Cool slightly.
2. Place spinach and liquid in blender container. Add egg and salt. Cover, and blend till smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Add enough flour to make a stiff dough.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 1 minute. Roll very thin on a floured surface. Let rest 20 minutes. Roll up loosely. Slice 1/4 inch wide. Unroll. Cut into desired lengths. Spread out on a rack to dry for 2 hours.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 324 | Total Fat: 3.3g | Cholesterol: 106mg
You'll also love
- Beef Vegetable Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna in Panka Spicy Coat 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southern-Style Corned Beef and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegetables - Edisto Tomato Pie... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crock-pot Ravioli Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Casey's Spinach Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Scampi Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Crescent City Creamed... 0/5 (0 Votes)