Greek lemon potatoes
Greeks are known for bathing their potatoes in lemon, garlic and rosemary. Delicious! Save the airfare and try these potatoes at home.
- 2 lbs BLUSHING BELLE POTATOES, or your favourite LPC variety
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (2 teaspoons for fresh)
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from littlepotato.com
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Cut the potatoes in half and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients until well combined. Add the potatoes and toss well to coat evenly. Pour everything into a baking dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking and browning. When done, the potatoes should be quite tender, almost falling apart. Serve hot.